Tuesday 16 August 2011

A Map of Northern Karameikos - More Adventures with CC3

Ok, spent a bit of today fiddling with a map for our Labyrinth Lord game. The end result is this map of the area around the town of Threshold (Click for a larger version):
Looking at it displayed on the screen I notice some areas where I need to 'feather' the edges of the woods to give a less blocky feel. I could probably get away with fewer mountains in the mountainous areas too and the glow around the edge of the text needs fettling slightly to make the text more readable. Still, it gives the adventurers a visual aid, and I can fettle the map and add things they discover as I go along. The more I play with CC3, the more I wish I had this sort of technology in the late seventies when I first started playing Basic D&D.

2 comments:

  1. It reminds me a lot of the Barbarian Prince boardgame mat. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I've been killed many times playing Barbarian Prince. I still play occasionally. I hope to win one day!

    ReplyDelete